Tuesday, February 7, 2012

11/15/10 - 02/02/11: Going Home, At Last!

The next two weeks required daily clinic visits and blood draws and various infusions of potassium and magnesium both at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and at home. My husband became an excellent infusion nurse! I was very weak during this time, but steadily improved. Eating was a difficult task because I had no appetite and nothing sounded good and my taste buds were not functioning very well. The sores in my mouth and throat were still an issue so, it was a relief when I was able to begin eating again. 


We moved out of Pete Gross House on January 31 and I was released on February 2 by the Aqua Team at SCCA to return to my home oncologist's care. Hallelujah!  Even though I was ecstatic about going home, I must say that the care I received from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center doctors and staff was outstanding. Doctors at this center have received three Nobel Prizes for their research. What a blessing it has been to have this world renowned cancer center so nearby.  The University of Washington Medical Center staff was also outstanding. They all took excellent care of me and, hopefully, have extended my life. I will be forever grateful for their expertise and caring treatment and I will miss them.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan,
    Thank you for reading my blog and thank you for your positive comment.
    CL

    ReplyDelete