Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Dad

02/09/12
On the last day of my radiation, February 9, 2010, my dad passed away. I really did feel like my world was crumbling. My dad was 92 and had been failing for a few months and was hospitalized with C-Dif infection. That meant I couldn’t visit him at all because of my fragile condition.  It was awful not to be able to be with him at the end. The only blessing is he had been distraught about my mesothelioma diagnosis and even though it turned out to be wrong, I really don’t think he would have been able to handle my illness for very long. Especially, if he had learned that it was multiple myeloma, the same cancer that my Aunt Mary died of in 1959.  I am glad he never knew that.

My Dad, Harold Fitch    1917-2010

I miss my dad. . .

2 comments:

  1. Dear Carole,

    I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad; I know it must be heartbreaking not to have been able to be with him near the end. I wish you comfort and peace during such a sad and difficult time, and hope you continue to feel your Dad's presence in your life. Warm Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete